8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Unfortunately because of the color of the site I can't stay here for too long.
Do we have avatars yet? And is my sig pic gone for good? I don't have it saved on my comp.

A full compliment of RSS feeds have been added! You can now subscribe to the newest videos overall, by category, by user, by keyword, and even by service.

Thanks!! I just added it to my google reader and it works fine. You made this application, right? Good stuff!!

For those who don't use google reader and want to follow RSS feeds, tweets, etc, try Lazy Scope

http://www.lazyscope.com/

jaxel, is there a way to get a dark skin? is there something members can do to help or create it like there was for VB? this looks uncannily like those free envisionboards now...

also, is there a way to link a single post? i can't seem to figure it out.

can we get the 8wr logo back on browser tabs, instead of the xenforo logo?

finally, the main ad at the top of the forum overlaps my character picture and almost completely covers the "help" link tab. i don't know if others have this problem, but it could be an issue for new members looking for help. maybe it can be moved up or to the right a bit? if it helps i am running chrome, and can drop a screen if need be.

finally, the main ad at the top of the forum overlaps my character picture and almost completely covers the "help" link tab. i don't know if others have this problem, but it could be an issue for new members looking for help.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Only happens sometimes though. I'm running Chrome too.

jaxel, is there a way to get a dark skin? is there something members can do to help or create it like there was for VB? this looks uncannily like those free envisionboards now...

also, is there a way to link a single post? i can't seem to figure it out.

can we get the 8wr logo back on browser tabs, instead of the xenforo logo?

finally, the main ad at the top of the forum overlaps my character picture and almost completely covers the "help" link tab. i don't know if others have this problem, but it could be an issue for new members looking for help. maybe it can be moved up or to the right a bit? if it helps i am running chrome, and can drop a screen if need be.
Dark Skin is coming soon enough... With the old VB3 site, I let people come up with design mockups, and then I myself did the programming for the skin. My experience with VB4 has soured my interest in programming a skin ever again. If someone wanted to make a custom skin for 8WR, I would be all for it... but I have no interest in ever doing the programming for skins ever again.

To link a single post, click on the gray #47 on the bottom right of this post (next to Like Reply). The URL for the single post will appear in your nav bar. Its not a single post "per say" anymore, but a direct link to the post, within the context of the thread.

I'll get right on a new favicon...

As for the main ad overlapping the help link... thats actually by design. I originally designed the header to be as small as possible, and 100px is perfect for that. There were also less mods and features on the forums so the Help link was not covered. The feature creep just kept on expanding and then the ad was in the way. I could move the ad up 15 pixels, but thats ugly. I instead chose to leave it where it is.

this shit is ugly as hell.

just sayin, add overlapping shit, horrid graphics and skins are the only thing remaining from the old version.

what can I do to help?

Download Xenforo and code a skin. Simple right?

Also a dark skin is coming in case you didn't see.

I'm thinking about doing another skin for 8WR. But I'd first have to learn the XenForo templating system, and then I'm not even sure if I have enough time to do it. But we'll see.

Strife Astlar Grandall
stfSC3art1.jpg
Character
Debut: Soulcalibur III
Voice (E): David Gallagher
Voice (J): Naoki Imamura
Biography
Birthplace: Parousia, Grandall Empire
Birthday: November 11
Blood: B
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
Family: Father (former Grandall king) / killed in war
Mother / deceased
Blood relatives / executed by Strife
Fighting Style
Type: Iron Sword
Weapon: Ambition
Discipline: Malloy Mercenary Swordstyle
Strife Astlar Grandall (ストライフ・アストラル・グランダール, Sutoraifu Asutoraru Gurandāru) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. He appears in Soulcalibur III's side-quest mode Chronicles of the Sword as the main enemy and final boss of the mode. He's also an unlockable Bonus Character in the main game. He represents the "Iron Sword" Create-a-Fighter discipline.

Biography​

Bio: Soulcalibur III​

Strife is the only heir of the Astlar dynasty ruling the empire of Grandall. After his father's death during a battle, he was appointed as ruler when he was only ten years old. Blinded by Greed and power, his close relatives plotted everyday to kill him and take control of Grandall for themselves.

Strife endured days without a proper meal, without good sleep and hiding a knife every time. Eventually the stress and fear started eating away at his sanity. Then one day he started hearing voices every time he sat on the throne. The voices came from deep within the castle. Eventually he began to understood these voices and his behavior changed completely.

He started executing his relatives, and torturing anyone who aroused his suspicions. His leadership turned into dictatorship. He also started amassing armies in silence, while not interfering with the war between Dalkia and Halteese. Around this time, he apparently got hold of the cursed Soul Edge, which further deteriorated his mind...

Character Artwork​

Art: Soulcalibur III (+UFS)​

stfSC3art1.jpg stfSC3wep1.jpg stfSC3wp1.jpg

I actually love Xenforo - it has many cool features and it's very clean and slick. Just give me a darker skin and I'm happy.

Looks nice, the weekly even has the Bdays- happy belated ivyfanboy!

Upcoming events (and linkin you to the thread) one is cool too.

Upcoming events (and linkin you to the thread) one is cool too.
They all link you to the threads... if a thread exists. You can make an event without a thread... Why would you want to do this? Well its important for live streams. Lets say I have a live stream running on a specific day; and I want this live stream to be listed on the front page of 8WR. A live stream doesn't need a thread.

^^ much like SRK's front page... very good feature, nice call Jaxel :)
Yeah... screenshot below (I temporarily changed the date range from 1 day to 60 days for this screenshot)

1.jpg

Only events with a valid justin.TV or ustream.TV link will be displayed on the front page.

Dark Skin is now available... I don't like it though, so it will not be set as the default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back